When you or someone you love is sick with a life threatening illness, a range of emotions takes over. Fear, anger and sadness effects the emotional well being of the sick child, as well as the rest of a family. Art Therapy can help alleviate stress, anxiety and work as a coping mechanism for our Chai LIfeline families.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF ART THERAPY
- Opportunity for self-expression.
- Helps decrease anxiety and promotes relaxation.
- If you have cancer, it can help decrease pain and help you through your rehabilitation.
- Participation in art therapy can give families a chance to do something positive together during a very stressful time
- Helps create good memories, bringing joy and growth despite circumstances.
- A sense of play and exploration
- It encourages the development of healthy coping strategies.
- It allows a child to verbally and nonverbally communicate emotions that might otherwise be abandoned or sealed from society.
- Therapy has an ability to help a child work through difficult experiences.
- It is capable of promoting a sense of personal independence, self-reliance, and self-sufficiency.
- Therapy is capable of promoting self-expression, feelings, and emotions.