Donor Relations Manager
The Donor Relations Manager will interface regularly with Chai Lifeline Canada staff and donors from across Canada and will work closely with the Director of Development in the execution and administration of all aspects of Chai Lifeline Canada’s fundraising activities. One focus of this new role will be the development of a robust stewardship program for Major Gifts Donors. Another focus will be the development of Campaign marketing content and collaborating on campaign marketing materials.
For over 17 years, Chai Lifeline Canada has been providing services to children and families who are impacted by chronic or life-threatening illness. In this dynamic role, you will positively impact families as they navigate through difficult times and contribute to a more caring and connected community. At Chai Lifeline Canada, you will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to living our core values and leading with integrity and mutual respect. We provide care and love to families in need and, in doing so, we carry out our roles with empathy, dedication and humility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Relationship building and assigned canvasses
- Developing and managing a stewardship program for Major Gifts donors
- Updating, maintaining, and managing our Major Gifts communication program
- Cultivation of new donors and volunteers and stewardship of existing donors
- Assisting in the stewardship of key volunteers
- Developing systems for cross organizational donor development
- Researching, writing, and preparing funding proposals and marketing content
- Developing metrics and ongoing tracking of quantitative data
- Leading or staffing fundraising events, such as parlour meetings, the Gala, and peer to peer events
- Identifying and researching prospects
- Maintaining a pipeline for donor cultivation and solicitation
- Bringing creative ideas and resources to the growth of Chai Lifeline Canada’s fundraising initiatives
- Passion for the work of Chai Lifeline Canada and to positively impact our community
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Excellent organization, multitasking, attention to detail, research, and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with database software and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to plan and execute a fundraising project or program
- Depth of knowledge of the Toronto and Canadian Jewish community
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a collaborative team and, also, independently.
- Four+ years of fundraising experience preferred with additional work experience an asset
- University degree or college diploma required
- Valid driver’s license and access to regular use of a car
- Some flexible hours and evenings and weekends
Why work for Chai?!
- Comprehensive benefits
- Generous vacation including all Jewish holidays
- Great culture – we’re always here to help each other out!
- Flexible working schedule
- Continuous education allowance
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected]
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Chai Lifeline Canada please visit our website www.chailifelinecanada.org