Events and Office Executive (Part Time position)
The Donald Berman Chai Lifeline Canada, Montreal branch
Open as of February 1st, 2021
Chai Lifeline is a leading international children’s health support network devoted to providing social, emotional, and financial assistance to children and their families, who are affected by life-threatening, serious and chronic illness. From the moment of diagnosis, through the arduous months and years, families have discovered that we are a friend for life and we fight illness with love. Chai Lifeline is a highly client centered organization. The Events and Office Executive handles administrative functions and assists with organizing our events and programs. This position is integral to ensure the excellence of our services, events and support for our staff and volunteers. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, creative, a good communicator and passionate about our mission. The Events and Office Executive reports to the Montreal Director. We estimate the position to require 15 hours a week. If you are looking for a fulfilling career in an amazing organization and working with supportive colleagues, then this is the job for you! Don’t be shy, apply. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work life, rewarding work and a magical culture.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and creativity of family events and fundraising events.
- Office management.
- Vendor negotiation, purchasing, reconciling expenses and budget assistance.
- Donor support, stewardship and processing of donations.
- Collaborate with and provide support to staff.
- Relevant work experience running events and with office work.
- A Cegep or university diploma in a related field is an asset.
- Creative and strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized, can multi-task and manage their time well.
- Competent with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong correspondence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as within an interdisciplinary team.
- Access to a car and holds a driver’s license.
Please submit all inquiries and resume to [email protected]. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please call 514-993-6279.