When a child is diagnosed with a serious illness, the entire family is affected. Families literally can be torn apart as their daily routines are disrupted. Chai Lifeline Canada steps in, offering whatever is needed. Counseling for each member of the family, volunteers who bring an extra measure of adult attention and stability to children’s lives, tutoring for children who must miss school for extended periods of time, family retreats, special sibling programs, information, peer and professional support, and two extraordinary summer camp programs for seriously ill children help families retain a sense of normalcy and hope while fighting even the most dire pediatric diseases. All programs are free of charge.
You are a people person and thrive on meeting and helping others. People describe you as a dependable, professional, meticulous and positive person. You will be reporting to the Director of Operations and helping with every department at Chai Lifeline Canada, from Operations to Fundraising and from Family Services to Human Resources.
Personal Attributes, Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated and passionate about our mission
- Engaging personality and optimistic outlook
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong time-management skills, are flexible and a master multi-tasker
- 2+ years of office management experienceAdvanced computer skills and experience with online platforms
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Provide a high level of administrative support by answering and directing in-coming calls, overseeing mail, housekeeping, shared office space and maintaining office supplies
- Greet all visitors to the office
- Prepare all outgoing mailings
- Provide coordination and logistical support with regards to Fundraising and Family programs: RSVP tracking, ticket coordination for events, flight arrangements, meal arrangements and processing
- Work with the Volunteer Gifts Manager in the maintenance of the drop-in, family room and the basement storage facility space ensuring cleanliness and appropriate toys are available for those who are visiting with us
- Write and send out thank you cards to fund raisers and community awareness champions
- Coordinate the design and distribution of Hair Donation Certificates and Small Fundraiser certificates of accomplishment
- Coordinate and set up in person and or virtual interviews.
- Onboarding and offboarding
- Assist in performance management scheduling
- Bookkeeping: Processing donations, credit card filing and tracking, bank statement filing, cheque management, reimbursements
- Ensure high level support in Admire – Importing donations and issuing tax receipts as necessary,
- Complete deposits into QuickBooks for all cheques and cash received
- Run Admire and QuickBooks reports and export into Excel/PDF as required
Program and Event Logistics
- Provide high level assistance in the planning and organization of identified events and provide day of support at the discretion of the Director of Operations
| || |
Interested applicants should send resumes to [email protected].
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.