Social Media Marketing Intern (6 Weeks)
Remote Position – $14 per hour, 35 hours a week
Chai Lifeline is seeking a passionate and tech savvy Social Media Marketing Intern to join our team this summer. This internship will provide the successful candidate with hands-on organization and marketing experience, and requires strong interpersonal communication, excellent writing skills, and self-motivation. This internship will provide the opportunity to utilize your background in digital and social media marketing to best support the organization’s needs.
- Assist with the growth of all social media profiles and presence, including Facebook and Instagram, by actively engaging with comments, monitoring hashtag usage, tracking post performance and managing the overall brand perception and circulating 4-5 hashtags for every post
- Build relationships with active users by 1) Monitoring their hashtags 2)Following them and reaching out via DM’s
- Strategize with Marketing and Social Media Coordinator on ways to engage with potential and existing followers through email, blog forums, social media, and other mediums to increase user awareness, engagement and respond to inquiries
- Create a year long calendar for social media posts
- Establish positioning of the organization, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments of our industry.
- Measure and create weekly reports on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Assist with blogs, newsletters and other engaging content
- Market research and recommend best practices for building brand awareness, social media, marketing, and consumer engagement
- Assist the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator with acquiring social media content
- Pursuing or completed a post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Sales or related field
- Must have a passion for social media marketing, online trends, creativity and non-profit
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple social media accounts
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Has begun a professional level portfolio of work
- Graphic design skill is an asset
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected]
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.