When a child is diagnosed with a serious illness, the entire family is affected. Families literally can be torn apart as their daily routines are disrupted. Chai Lifeline Canada steps in, offering whatever is needed. Counseling for each member of the family, volunteers who bring an extra measure of adult attention and stability to children’s lives, tutoring for children who must miss school for extended periods of time, family retreats, special sibling programs, information, peer and professional support, and two extraordinary summer camp programs for seriously ill children help families retain a sense of normalcy and hope while fighting even the most dire pediatric diseases. All programs are free of charge.
Family Case Worker, Maternity Leave Contract
Title : Family Case Worker
Purpose : The principal role of is to cultivate and implement various programs and services that support Chai Lifeline’s mission and to assume a lead role in all planning, preparation, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the said services. The case manager will work very closely and in coordination with all members of the Chai Lifeline team but be self-motivated to facilitate local programming on their own. The ability to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours is a necessity. A vital element of the case manager role is to establish strong connections with families and maintain that relationship over time while anticipating their needs. The case manager reports to the Director of Family Services.
Personal Attributes and Skills
• Self-motivated, well-spoken communicator, passionate about our mission
• The implementation of Chai Lifeline Canada’ various localized programs including but not limited to hospital visits, home visits, counseling services, attending family events.
• Maintaining regular contact with the families on your caseload while covering for other case managers when they are away.
• The generating of reports which summarize, evaluate and elaborate on all pertinent details related to weekly services provided.
• Involvement in monthly events, support group and volunteer debriefing
• Attendance and supervisory role at our weekly after school program from 4-6:30pm on Tuesdays.
• Liaising with outside resources on behalf of families at Chai Lifeline
• Possess a BSW, MSW or RSW Designation and be in good standing with the governing College
• Is outgoing and charismatic and is driven to help others
• Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Has ability to work with culturally and religiously diverse clients and families
• Has ability to take initiative and work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
• Can multi- task, time mange well and work efficiently under pressure
• Has computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, email and other communications, as well as database management
• Has some knowledge and appreciation of Chai Lifeline programs and services- direct experience would be an asset
• Is comfortable being in hospitals and interacting with children and parents who have serious illnesses
• Has the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients and their families
• Experience with grief and bereavement would be an asset
• Social Work experience and or certification
• Has access to a vehicle
To apply for this role please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chai lifeline is an equal opportunity employer
To learn more about Chai Lifeline please visit our website www.chailifelinecanada.org