Summer Intern - Development Department
30-35 hours per week
$15 Per Hour
The Summer Intern in our development team will interface regularly with Chai Lifeline Canada staff and donors from across Canada and will work closely with the Director of Development to assist in Chai Lifeline Canada’s fundraising activities.
For over 17 years, Chai Lifeline Canada has been providing services to children and families who are impacted by chronic or life-threatening illness. In this dynamic role, you will positively impact families as they navigate through difficult times and contribute to a more caring and connected community. At Chai Lifeline Canada, you will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to living our core values and leading with integrity and mutual respect. We provide care and love to families in need and, in doing so, we carry out our roles with empathy, dedication and humility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in Tzedakah box collections, and counting funds received
- Process and acknowledge special donations
- Thank you calls
- Acquire In-Kind contacts and donations
- Assist with Chai-a-thon and Over the Edge (and Gala – time permitting)
- Database input and updating
- Assist with administrative duties in the development department
- Assist with other large scale fundraising events and support the events team as needed
- Assist with pick up/deliveries as required
- Other projects as assigned
- Self-motivated well-spoken communicator
- Excellent research skills with a natural problem solving style
- Strong Word and Excel Skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to regular use of a car is helpful
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected]
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Chai Lifeline Canada please visit our website www.chailifelinecanada.org