The Family Events Coordinator’s role is to plan, coordinate and facilitate engaging programming for our client families and children. Programming is designed with current families in mind and is planned in association with the family services and volunteer departments. Every day will bring new challenges, learning experiences and opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the children and families we support.
For over 15 years, Chai Lifeline Canada has been providing services and programs to children and families who are living with chronic or life-threatening paediatric illness. At Chai Lifeline Canada you will be part of a team that is dedicated to living our core values, leading with integrity and mutual respect for one-another. We provide care and love to families in need and in doing so we work beyond our roles with empathy, dedication and humility.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate family events and holiday celebrations – typically one per month ensuring all catering, decorations, prizes and other materials necessary for events are ordered, prepared and set-up on day of event.
- Coordinate rental of any offsite area necessary to host events
- Work in conjunction with the Family Services Department to ensure all invitations have been sent out to families
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate any in hospital events which typically take place on the Monday of a long weekend
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate Shining Stars after school program for three sessions (Fall, Winter and Spring)
- Ensure activities are booked for each session
- Coordinate logistics
- Oversee logistics for three week summer camp experience
- Recruitment camp staff
- Train and provide orientation for staff providing relevant background knowledge of campers
Annual Edmonton Trip and Penina’s Helping, Hand Annual Disney Trip
- Plan, coordinate and manage annual trip to Edmonton and Disney World
- Book transportation and accommodation including flights and busing as well as on site transportation
- Communicate with families of attending participants to ensure needs are met while on trip
- Coordinate local dinners and lunches
- Plan daily schedules, including sourcing and booking all local entertainment
- Source and pack any swag bags
- Assist in volunteer recruitment as needed
- Implements volunteer recruitment strategies (campus, corporate, and community environments)
- Represent Chai Lifeline Canada at community events, schools and campus fairs
- Work alongside marketing coordinator to develop successful volunteer recruitment campaigns and maintain social media presence
Personal Traits and Professional Qualifications:
- Passion for the work of Chai Lifeline Canada and desire to positively impact our community
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and trustworthy with confidential information
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment and also independently
- Comfortable being in hospitals and interacting with children and parents who have serious illnesses
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, WhatsApp and various social media channels.
- Experience in event planning is an asset
- Ability to coordinate and manage tasks of volunteer groups
- Has a good understanding of cultural norms in the community
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
Why work for Chai?!
- Comprehensive benefits
- Generous vacation including all Jewish holidays
- Great culture – we’re always here to help each other out!
- Flexible working schedule
- Continuous education allowance
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected]
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Chai Lifeline Canada please visit our website www.chailifelinecanada.org