March – June: 5 hours/week
June – August Full-Time
Chai Lifeline Canada is looking for an enthusiastic Head Counselor to co-direct Chai Lifeline Canada’s summer camps – Camp Lifeline and Camp Lifeline Away.
Camp Lifeline is designed to give children suffering from lifelong/chronic illness a chance to enjoy an exciting summer day camp experience without feeling the limitations of their illness.
The Head Counselor will also be responsible for helping to plan and manage Camp Lifeline Away, a 5-day overnight, therapeutic camp experience for children who come from families that are struggling with the effects of chronic illness.
Our Core Values
A job at Chai Lifeline Canada is being a part of a team that is dedicated to integrity and mutual respect for one-another. We provide care and love to our families in need and in doing so we work beyond our roles by showing empathy, dedication and humility at every turn!
- Ordering camp equipment and supplies
- Ensuring safe practices and healthy camp environment
- Planning daily camp activities and creating activity schedules
- Hiring camp employees, including activity specialists, camp counselors and nurses
- Plan programs, calendar and theme days
- Overseeing camp employees, accommodations, and meals, as well as ensuring the wellbeing of the campers
- Modifying activities for campers with special needs as well as creating backup plans when incremental weather occurs
- Keeping records and documenting processes
- Arranging and running staff meetings
- Leading camp activities as needed
- Setting a good example for all the staff
- To remain at camp for the duration of the overnight
- Creating a daily/weekly newsletter to parents
- Must be an enthusiastic, energetic and fun-loving role model
- Experience in planning and developing camp curricula, as well as modifying activities when required
- Experience working in an overnight camp
- Ability to hire, train, and oversee camp employees, as well as ensuring the campers’ wellbeing
- Extensive experience in working with children
- Ability to manage budgets and monitor expenses
- In-depth knowledge of activity-related safety regulations, as well as health and sanitation requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communicator and not shy to speak with colleagues, campers and parents on a daily basis
- Must understand that this is not a “9-5” job and there will be times when you will need to put in evenings and weekend hours
- Has access to a car and can drive
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected]
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Chai Lifeline (Canada) please visit our website www.chailifelinecanada.org