Coordinator of Volunteers and Events – full time position
The Donald Berman Chai Lifeline Canada, Montreal branch
We are devoted to helping families cope with pediatric illness. From the moment of diagnosis, through the arduous months and years, families have discovered that we are a friend for life and we fight illness with love. Chai Lifeline is a highly volunteer supported organization. The Coordinator of Volunteers and Events directly manages volunteer activities including recruitment and organizing support services as well as interacting directly with our client families. The Coordinator is also responsible for organizing events and providing some administrative support. We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with the responsibilities and candidate experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage and organize volunteer support services, including scheduling, monitoring, recruitment, promotion, training, motivation, recognition, evaluation and quality assurance with clients.
• Oversee program budget and develop and implement materials and policies.
• Collaborate with family social services personnel.
• Assist with summer day camp management.
• Arrange daily meals, volunteer big siblings, respite and transportation services.
• Help plan family and fundraising events and related communications.
• Purchasing functions, bill reconciliation and vendor communication.
• Record keeping for events and volunteer services.
• Lay leadership and donor recognition and communication.
• Various administrative and office needs, facilities management, phone and email inquiries.
• Relevant work experience.
• Fluent in English and solid conversational French. Good writing skills in English.
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and adept at social media (Facebook, Instagram etc).
• Familiarity with the overall Montreal Jewish community and Jewish observance.
• Has existing personal network for volunteer support.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Outgoing, sociable but also demanding.
• Highly organized and a self-starter.
• Competent communicator.
• Access to a car and holds a driver’s license
• A university degree is not required but it is considered a valued asset.
Please submit all inquiries, you cover letter and resume to [email protected].
If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please call 514-993-6279.