Coordinator of Volunteers, Events and Administration – full time position
The Donald Berman Chai Lifeline Canada, Montreal branch Chai Lifeline is a highly volunteer supported organization. The Coordinator of Volunteers, Events and Administration, directly manages volunteer activities including recruitment and organizing support
services as well as engaging in interaction with our client families. The Coordinator is also responsible for organizing events and providing administrative support.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with the responsibilities and candidate experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage and organize volunteer support services, including scheduling, monitoring, recruitment,
promotion, training, motivation, recognition, evaluation and quality assurance with clients.
• Oversee program budget and develop and implement materials and policies.
• Collaborate with family social services personnel.
• Assist with summer day camp management.
• Coordinate and plan family and fundraising events and related communications.
• Purchasing functions, bill reconciliation and vendor communication.
• Record keeping for events and volunteer services.
• Lay leadership and donor recognition and communication.
• Manage various administrative and office needs, facilities management, phone and email inquiries.
• 3 years or more of relevant work experience.
• Fluent in English and solid conversational French. Good writing skills in English.
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and adept at social media (Facebook, Instagram etc).
• Familiarity with the overall Montreal Jewish Community and Jewish observance.
• Has existing personal network for volunteer support.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Outgoing, sociable but also demanding.
• Highly organized and a self-starter.
• Competent communicator.
• A university degree is not required but it is considered a valued asset.
Please submit all inquiries, you cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 8th, 2021.
If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please call 514-993-6279.