HAIR DONATION GUIDELINES
Anyone can cut your hair. We encourage all of our donors to go to a salon they are already familiar with to ensure their comfort when donating.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS
CHAI LIFELINE CANADA is not a manufacturer of any type of hair replacement system or hair care product. As a charity and strictly a charity, we provide wigs free of charge to our recipients.
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length that can be used in a hairpiece
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid
- Any hair NOT bundled in a ponytail or braid, cannot be used. This includes hair swept off the floor or shaved without being bundled
- We cannot use dreadlocks as the process of blending hair donations together requires the hair must be combed
- Layered hair should be divided into multiple ponytails
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches
- Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and may be sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, if sold, it greatly helps to reduce costs
- Gray hair may be sold to offset the manufacturing costs
- Because Chai Lifeline Canada offers custom hairpieces for each child, we cannot use donations of wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair
The Hair Donation Form is not required to donate hair. If you are having trouble downloading or printing the Hair Donation Form, simply provide your name and address on any sheet of paper and include it with your donation. Please provide your email address if you wish to receive your “thank you” via email.
(These Guidelines have been copied from Locks of Love’s website)