Hosting an Event in Support of Chai Lifeline Canada
Thank you for your interest in helping Chai Lifeline Canada raise money for many programs and services offered to over 400 Chai families. Our volunteers and community members have many great fundraising ideas to benefit our organization and the community we serve. Most fundraising events proposed that are not already included in the annual Fundraising Plan must be third party events due to limited staffing and resources. New fundraising initiatives helps us continue to grow and raise awareness about our important work.
What is a Third Party Event?
A Third Party Event is any fundraising activity by a non-affiliated group or individual where Chai Lifeline Canada is not directly responsible.
We actively encourage third party fundraising events. All such events must be approved by the Chai Lifeline Canada in advance. Each proposal is carefully reviewed and evaluated for feasibility and suitability with our organization’s goals and objectives. This is an important safeguard to preserving the integrity of Chai Lifeline Canada and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner. We will be able to provide guidance and support for your event. We do not have the capacity to handle the organizational and implementation of Third Party Events, however, Chai Lifeline is here to support you along the way.
Chai Lifeline Canada will provide:
Third Party Event Guidelines
- Third party events must be in line with our mission.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit Chai Lifeline Canada
- The use of our logo and name on any promotional materials (e.g., press releases, fliers, invitations, websites, letters, etc.) must be reviewed and approved by a staff member to verify accuracy.
- The date of the event must be approved by Chai Lifeline, as it cannot conflict with other Chai events.
- Chai Lifeline Canada must receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize any overlap with other Chai Lifeline Canada events and/or fundraising campaigns that may be underway. To protect our donors’ privacy, Chai Lifeline Canada will not provide donor or sponsor lists, nor will we solicit sponsorship revenue for third party fundraising events.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits and liability waivers especially those for raffles and/or sporting-type events. Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event.
- Chai Lifeline Canada is not financially liable for the promotion, planning or execution of third party events.
- To fulfill our own accounting requirements, we request that you provide us the event proceeds within 30 days after the conclusion of the special event/fundraiser.
- Chai Lifeline Canada is not obligated but with advanced notice can provide 2 volunteers or staff for Third Party Events.
After you have reviewed the above guidelines, please complete the following questions designed to provide more information about the type of fundraiser/event you are interested in planning. Please submit the completed form prior to any planning of the event. Once the application has been submitted, we will review it and notify you of any questions/concerns/approval.
Thank you again for your support of Chai Lifeline Canada!